The following occupations have been identified as areas of future strong demand in the Advanced Technology Industries:
• Engineers (Electrical/Electronic/Computer Systems)
• Managers with specialised skills in projects and manufacturing
• Electronic and mechanical engineering associates and technicians
• Computing professionals
• Electrical, electronic instruments, welding and metal fabrication trades
Additional Industry Sectors where STEM subjects are important for training and work are:
• Building construction
• Civil construction
• Finance and Insurance
• Information and communication technology
• Metals and engineering
Advanced Technology and STEM courses attract an ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) score if students wish to pursue a University education pathway.
To view the Engineering and Advanced Technologies pathway flowchart please click on the link below. This flowchart shows the subjects that Henley High School offers as part of the Advanced Technology Project.